Tuesday, November 20, 2007

My story

I had an abortion soon after my 17th birthday, I have to say it was the longest and hardest day of my life. First I went to a clinic nearby, as I was pulling into the parking lot there were protesters standing outside yelling things to me, I just held up my head and went inside...I started feeling tense and scared...my heart was pounding. I went to the desk and filled out papers and drank water until they called me back. There was another young girl in the room who was crying on her boyfriends shoulder. Many other women came in also. Then I heard my name called. They took me back to a room where they checked my blood pressure and blood type and asked me questions. Following that I went and had an ultrasound done thinking I was only 12 weeks, then the nurse said "I'm sorry, the hospital was wrong you are 15 weeks pregnant." My heart dropped, my baby was so big, I choked and just said "Okay", then I waited in the counseling room where another nurse came in and said they couldn't do the procedure there and that I would have to go further down state to another doctor. Where she asked me what I wanted to do because it would cost more money, I then went out and decided what I should do, I couldn't possibly afford a baby and I had been through a lot in the past two years...I just wouldn't have been able to. I agreed to do it. I went back in and they gave me directions and all my information including the ultrasounds which I did not have the heart to look at. Next thing I knew I was on the road for a 2 hour trip to do it. The whole ride I thought about the protesters outside and adoption must have ran through my mind the entire time. All of a sudden we were sitting outside of the states top abortion clinic. I went inside and I waited for 4 hours for the doctor to get there along with about 15 other girls. The first girl went in, then I. I got into my gown and sat on the bed, they then had me lay back and put my feet in the stirrups. I remember taking a deep breath and saying "Here it goes" they gave me a sedative shot in my arm and next thing I knew it was happening. The sedative didn't work and I felt every bit of pain. The hardest part was knowing that it was 15 weeks and it was mine. I remember the nurse trying to calm me down saying that I was going to scare the other patients. Then it was over and all of a sudden I felt relieved it was done. There I stumbled to the recovery room where there was already another women. We talked for a moment and she asked if I was okay I said I guess so where another girl came in crying and I pulled myself together because I didn't want to upset her more. Then I was being let go...I stumbled out the door and up the stairs where my friend met up with me. I couldn't feel anything...finally the sedative somewhat kicked in. I was fine the whole ride home and up to the next day. Where I started feeling horrible and I couldn't sleep at all. It has been a hard struggle for me and it hasn't been long since. But I also know it was the right thing for me to do.

I hope my page and story helps you <3

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

i found your blog cuz you listed it on yahoo answers. i must say, i'm sorry you had to go through that. i assure you that the fetus did not suffer or feel any pain whatsoever. pain and sentience don't occur till 20-26 weeks. he felt no pain and was unaware of the procedure. you did what you believed was best for you and i think that's all that matters. thanx for sharing your story. you should send this to imnotsorry.net.

Anonymous said...

I ALSO FOUND THIS THROUGH YAHOO ANSWERS!
GREAT STORY
BUT WAS YOUR CHOICE
<3

Anonymous said...

If you're gonna play (Have Sex) please get on the pill or be sure your guy uses a condom. Good Luck to you!!!

Online Generic Pill said...

My friend used this cheap abortion pill online to abort her early pregnancy. This pill kit is really pregnancy for termination.

Unknown said...

For termination of pregnancy with nonsurgical abortion procedure till 9 weeks buy Abortion pill online. This home abortion pill is the world most used for easy and safe abortion method at home without any side effect.

safematernology said...

Very well explained.
Do visit our website to Buy Mtp Kit online USA

safemtpkit said...

mtp kit online from safemtpkit best online pharmacy.

PillsOnlineRx said...

Great blog thanks for sharing it. Now women can buy MTP kit Online for safe unwanted pregnancy termination at home.

Madeline jamieson said...

Women are able to buy an Abortion pill kit for a secure at-home abortion.

Pillforabortion said...

To get free from unplanned pregnancy at home MTP Kit Online Fast Shipping is now available in USA. It is safe and secure medication for women.